Questions asked, answers given. Find out more about me than you probably ever wanted to know!
Did you ever wonder what I would have called my blog if I had to give it a new name? Or whether I prefer a Paleo diet, or gorge on Hungry Jacks? Perhaps you wonder what celebrity I admire, or if I have ever had a DIY disaster? Well if you did then you are about to find out, because here are a list of questions that I have been asked to answer by the lovely Anna Brophy from the blog Mummy Muckups when she awarded me with the award for
Anna’s blog is an honest, funny and truthful look at motherhood through tired eyes (which I know all mums and most dads can totally relate to). I was honestly overwhelmed when she chose me for this award, so thank you Anna!
Here are the questions I received.
- If you had to give your blog another title, what would it be?
- Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
- Describe your first car.
- Hit us with your best blogging tip?
- Paleo, Hungry Jacks or Nanna’s?
- Who is your favourite celebrity and what one question would you ask them?
- What is your worst DIY disaster?
- Camping, a night in front of the telly or 5 star?
- What is your favourite quote to live by?
- Tell me (us) a secret…
And now I will attempt to answer.
- I had trouble choosing a blog name, in fact many names are taken already so this made it extra tricky, I dabbled with many names that included ‘mummy’, but most of the ones I liked were taken and at the end of the day I write more reflective and empowering posts than I do mummy ones so I guess Reflections From Me just suited, and my 7 year old daughter liked it best out of all on my list. But what would I name it if I had to change it now? Maybe something like “The Quirky Me”, that’s just off the top of my head, and maybe it popped in there because lately I have been embracing more of my quirks and seeing them as part of me to share and not hide anymore.
- I would always choose a book over a movie. I love a great movie now and then, but honestly don’t watch a lot of television or movies. In saying that though there are some awesome TV shows that I love watching.
- Hehe, my first car. I went car shopping with my dad and was also at that time heavily influenced by my brother and my sisters (at the time) Rev Head boyfriend. So I ended up with a Red, Datsun 200B SSS Coupe 5 gear. Apparently there was only a select amount of them around or so I was told by an impressed young guy at the service station one day (my jealous type boyfriend at the time was not impressed). But I loved that car, and it got me and my friends everywhere we wanted to go. I was the first out of all of us to get my drivers licence so I took us on many day road trips and weekends away at the beach. It lasted me many years. My next boyfriend spray painted it blue for me, and when I was first dating my now hubby I crashed it into his letterbox and scrapped a big part of that blue paint off revealing the red underneath. It was time to move on, I had a new man and I needed a new car! Both the car and the new man were great choices and although I have been through 3 more cars now, I still remain happily with the man whose letterbox I crashed into!
- The best blogging tip I can offer is be yourself, now I know that won’t sound particularly helpful but believe me it is the best thing you can do. Trying to write about things that don’t inspire you , that you don’t enjoy or that you know nothing about is just going to put readers off. There are so many blogs out there covering every subject you could think of, but no one has the same original style that you have. This is what you have to offer, so use your own voice.
- When it comes to food I wouldn’t class myself under any particular category. It is very rare that I will eat takeaway though, it makes me feel unhealthy and I think it is overpriced and lacks nourishment. Of course there are some exceptions. My husband is the main cook in our home, although I tend to plan our meals and pick up all the ingredients. We love trying new things and experiencing different cultural foods.
- I pondered over question 6 for quite a while and really don’t have an answer. There are so many talented people that I admire, I guess I would love to sit down and chat with many authors I admire, like Lisa Genova, Markus Zusak, Kate Morton, Joel Dicker, Gabrielle Levin, Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I recently had the opportunity to interview author Philippa Moore, read my review of her book and the interview HERE.
- Haha worst DIY disaster, when it comes to DIY I would class myself as highly skilled, OK I totally would not class myself as highly skilled, in fact quite the opposite! I did attempt to make a table in woodcraft at school and was doing OK until I was away for one class and one of my BFF’s decided to use the legs I had made for her own table, needless to say my table never got made. I tried painting some beautiful pink shelves when I was pregnant with Aspen to put in her nursery and spilt the paint all over my beautiful big belly. I totally freaked out that I had harmed the baby, but at nearly 12 she is smart and healthy so I think I can relax now. I may not be great at DIY but I love decorating and interior design this is much more my thing. Luckily Steve is great at DIY so we make a great team.
- I love camping, we always camped when I was a little girl. I would spend hours talking to nature and playing in the streams imagining that I lived there. On our trip to Tasmania we went on some spectacular forrest walks and I found beautiful crystal clear streams that reminded me of my childhood, I felt so at peace. I love the fresh crisp air and the smell of the trees. But I guess as an adult I have gotten a little more used to 5 star, so a 5 star eco friendly resort in the middle of a forrest would be ideal!
- The quote I live by is one I wrote “writing for me is like breathing fresh air, I need it to survive”. For me this is a constant reminder of how I lived my life for too long without following my passions and I felt like I was struggling to breathe. I will never starve myself of my passion again. Whatever your passion is you need to follow it.
- I recently shared a VLog about my confessions and told some secrets there. One thing I will share is although I have a blog and clearly spend much of my work day on a computer I still feel very overwhelmed by computers and how all this technology stuff works. Clueless.
Thanks again to Anna from Mummy Muckups for thinking of me.
After I finished writing this post I was nominated again, this time by another lovely blogger called Su, from ethannevelyn.com. Su is a lovely blogger and mum to the gorgeous Ethan and adorable Evelyn make sure you stop by and check her out! I won’t answer another setoff questions because I am really not that interesting lol. But thank you to both ladies who nominated me xx
And thanks for joining me, love Mac xx
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award, and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you
3. Nominate a further 10 bloggers for the award
4. Write 10 questions for those nominees to answer
5. Display the award on your blog, or post!
- What were you like at school?
- What actress would play you in your life story?
- Do you ever get writers block? If so give us your tips for overcoming it . . .please.
- What book is on your bedside table right now? Is it on kindle, paperback or hardcover?
- Share with us your favourite motivational phrase or quote. OK you can share a funny one if you wish!
- Describe what you are wearing? If you are not wearing anything just make something up!
- Do you sing like a madwoman when driving alone in the car? What song can’t you resist?
- Everyone asks where you will see yourself in 5 years time, so tell us where do you see yourself in 5 minutes time?
- Would you choose A: a butler. B: a chef. C: a beautician D: a chauffeur E: a masseur or F: A topless pool guy even though you don’t have a pool?
- Where are you right now? Describe the room, garden, cafe that you are sitting in. Or be creative and describe where you wish you were sitting whilst answering my 10 questions.
Thanks for taking part and be sure to message me on Twitter @macglanville when your answers are up o your blog so I can come and read them, yay!
Disclaimer: Please note if you do not want to take part I will never, ever talk to you again, OK I totally lie, I will totally talk to you again and I will totally still think you are an awesome blogger or I wouldn’t have chosen you for the award in the first place. So my point is you are awesome whether you take part or not!