Today I found out I had been nominated by Katie from Growing Up Katertot for the sisterhood of the bloggers award. Katie has a passion for all things child friendly, she loves craft , sharing healthy recipes and inspiring parents. Head on over and show her some love! Thanks Katie for thinking of me and nominating me!
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a way to get to know one another and meet new friends.
Katie has given me some questions to answer, I always feel nervous about this kind of thing, I don’t know why, maybe it’s just revealing more of myself. You’d think I’d be used to sharing my self by now, but I guess I’ll always be an introvert. Anyway I hope you enjoy reading my answers to Katie’s questions and learn a bit more about me along the way.
Here goes . . . .
1) What’s your favorite healthy snack?
I’m naughty, I like naughty treats to snack on! I do love fruit though when it is cut up into bite size pieces, maybe it reminds me of kindergarten? Fun times!
2) If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
This question is actually tricky for me. I don’t overly have a desire to meet a famous person. I did when I was 16, I wanted to meet a famous actor or musician and be swept off my feet lol, now I just want my hubby! But I would be interested to sit down with someone inspirational. I did want to meet Nelson Mandela I always thought he could teach me so much. I did a post on Audrey Hepburn, it would have been lovely to sit down with her too, she was such an inspirational woman. Oprah would have some great stories too. I grew up watching her, she always seemed so passionate about making the world a better place. I guess more than anything though I just love meeting new people who are comfortable in their own skin and who show me their true selves.
3) What’s your favorite room in your house?
I am selling my home at the moment, in fact we have had an offer and are close to closing the deal, fingers crossed. I have loved so much about this home, I designed it and so it holds many special places for me. I love our family room because it has views of mountains, and our kitchen is divine, but my favourite room is my bedroom. It is a sanctuary and it is where I have my favourite chair that I love sitting on when I write my blogs or work on my novel. We are downsizing and moving out of the hills to be closer to our children’s school and friends, I am excited for our new adventure.
4) What’s the best prize you’ve ever won in a contest or drawing?
5) If you had an unlimited amount of cash and the option to purchase one item, what would it be?
A holiday home that all my family and friends could use too!
6) What qualities do you look for in the opposite sex?
It’s like I just need to describe my hubby when I met him in no particular order. Loyal, motivated, honest, affectionate, super spunky, wants kids, faithful, funny, can be silly and can accept me for all my craziness.
7) What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
I get bored with one flavour. Right now I’d choose coconut.
8) What is your favorite topic to blog about?
Anything that helps inspire others.
9) Describe one of your most cherished childhood memories.
Holidays, when my dad would take time off work and we would go away to the beach. Mum couldn’t swim so just dad and I would go out snorkelling in the rock pools, it was amazing.
10) Apples, bananas, or oranges?
Thanks for joining me, love Mackenzie xx
Now I have to nominate some bloggers too. Firstly here are the rules.
Thank the blogger who gave you the award & link back to their blog.
Answer the 10 questions given to you.
Nominate 7 bloggers for the award.
Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Display the award on your blog or post.
Here are my 10 questions for you if you choose to accept.
- Where did your blog name come from?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have done lately?
- Would you travel to the past or future? Why?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Do you wish you could change?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Were you a blog reader before you started one of your own?
- Would you rather have smelly feet, smelly armpits or green hair with purple poka dots for a year (and you have to choose one).
- Blog post you are most proud of writing in your blogging career? (make sure you provide a link to it).
- Blog Post of yours that you were surprised to see a great response to?
- What is it about writing that you love?
Thanks again Katie! For my nominees, if you choose to accept, please let me know so I can read your responses!