I sent my friend a text earlier asking how Saturday went, as I had received a frantic message from her on Saturday.
Basically her husband had received tickets to an Under The Stars Gala in a very exclusive area where all the ‘rich’ people hang out, the tickets were worth a fortune and he was given them for free, and oops for got to tell her until the last minute! She was at work with no time to book a hairdresser, buy a dress or have her nails done, but at least her babysitter was available! She felt so lucky to be going, but was freaking out, she wrote to me
“who does this to a woman?” and added “especially ME!”
It’s true, she is what I would call a perfectionist (actually that’s putting it mildly), and always has to look her best (which to be honest isn’t hard for her as yes she is one of “those” incredibly annoying, oops I mean beautiful women). But a man telling a woman last minute would stress any woman out! But when it comes to my friend it would have just about sent her crazy!
She wrote back today to tell me it all went great, and yet now she is stressing about a whole different matter. Her mother-in-law is coming to stay next weekend! Now it’s not that she doesn’t like her mother in-law, it is that she wants everything to be perfect when she comes to stay. But she is totally stressed as she is working every day leading up to the mother in-laws arrival!
I text her back assuring her the her house will look fabulous because seriously my friends idea of messy is any other persons idea of clean, she is a clean freak! I have never seen a mess in her home and she has two boys! I also told her to “just drink some wine and RELAX!”
Any way my point is that we worry so much about things, don’t we? I can make light of what my friend is saying, but the truth be told I would stress in these situations too, so is it just my friend and I that are weird? Or are we all stressing way too much about way too many things?
Just this morning I have been thinking about all the ‘things‘ I need to do! I feel completely behind in almost everything right now! I had a great weekend, but some of the things I wanted to achieve just didn’t happen, like the huge pile of washing I wanted to get through and the ironing that is still sitting in the laundry and mocks me every time I walk in there. Last night I had to quickly wash and dry the school uniforms so my kids don’t look unloved!
But then again I had a great weekend and so did the kids. We had time with friends on Saturday and even had dinner out just hubby, Adam and I, whilst April (pictured below) ,and Aspen were at parties,
and on Sunday Adam graduated from Ninja’s to a Commando at Taekwondo and family came back to our place to celebrate. So does it matter that everything is now more disorganised than I hoped it would be come Monday morning?
Maybe? Maybe not?
What do you think?
Thanks for joining me, love Mackenzie xx
Follow me on Twitter @macglanville
And on Instagram @macglanville
Welcome to #mg link up party!
Want to join in? Awesome! Just link up ONE POST per week and do some commenting and have fun! Link Up’s are all about sharing the love and discovering new blogs. So please tweet and share other posts you enjoy and comment on other’s posts. see more rules below. Thanks xx
Rules: please follow these if you are joining in. I’ve had a few people who haven’t commented on others posts so please do.You can add one link per week.
- It must not be offensive.
- You must leave a comment on the hosts post.
- Please comment on the person’s post who is linked up before you.
- Comment on at least one other post which grabs your attention. Therefore that is 3 comments in total please.
- If your content is inappropriate it will be removed.
- Your post does not have to include words it can be photo’s only.
- Be kind, nice comments only. Show respect for all people at all times.
- Have fun, add the posts you are most proud of and enjoy reading others.
- You must clearly display my badge on your post and or your side bar. You can grab my bade from my sidebar.
- If you tweet using #mg and @macglanville I will always retweet.
- Please follow me on Instagram and Twitter @macglanville.
- You don’t have to link every week, just when you have time. The linky is open for several days so no rush.
- I would love you to subscribe to my website, it is not a rule, but it would make me very happy.
- Have Fun! Email me mac@reflectionsfromme or tweet me if you have a question
- Grab my super cute badge and display it on your post.