As you may know I have been trying to work out what to do with my blank canvas of a back yard! I actually received some great, and helpful comments from some of my readers, I loved Katy’s advice
“If you can wait, I would suggest putting off making any big plans until you’ve been in your place a year – that way you can really understand everything that’s in your garden, and get a real sense of what gets the sun at different times of day throughout the year.”
Unfortunately I am not sure I am patient enough, although I totally agree with her advice! I am lucky in one way though that our new home and garden face the exact same way as our last home so I have a good idea of where the sun will be most of the year.
I also loved Jenny’s advice,
“Your children look like they are enjoying it without any planting too, maybe you’ll need to leave some grass to kick a ball around?”
She was referring to these pics
This weekend we got around to assembling our trampoline, finally. The kids have really missed it! I thought I was super woman and started to assemble it whilst wearing no shoes, and as you can imagine I dropped a piece on my foot, right on the bone and it really hurt! Luckily not broken, just very sore now! This sidelined me and I was forced to sit with an elevated foot and an icepack. My parents were over at our home, and mum made me a cup of tea and gave me Maltesers chocolates to ease the pain. (Poor me, lol). I can’t complain it was quite nice sitting in the sun whilst my poor hubby and father were left to assemble it! And if anyone has ever assembled a Springfree Trampoline you will know it is not easy. My six year old son decided to add;
“that’s why you leave it to the men!”
Seriously where did he get that from??? I clearly need to teach him more about how amazing women are!
It is massive though, I guess in our last two homes it didn’t look as big as our yards were huge then! But still the kids were so excited and spent until 7pm out there playing on it! We always find it great in the summertime, the kids put their bathers on and hose each other it is loads of fun.
We also managed to get to the plant nursery and selected a few screening trees that will grow and help give us that intimate feel we want to create. We brought a couple of fruit trees too. It is exciting to make a start, obviously we still need loads of other plants and have lots to think about, but still it is nice to finally have a few trees out there, even if they are mini trees right now.
Any more tips, feel free to share?
Thanks for joining me, love Mackenzie xx
Follow me on Twitter @macglanville
And on Instagram @macglanville
Welcome to #mg link up party!
Want to join in? Awesome! Just link up ONE POST per week and do some commenting and have fun! Link Up’s are all about sharing the love and discovering new blogs. So please tweet and share other posts you enjoy and comment on other’s posts. See more rules below. Thanks xx
Rules: please follow these if you are joining in. I’ve had a few people who haven’t commented on others posts so please do.You can add one link per week.
- It must not be offensive.
- You must leave a comment on the hosts post.
- Please comment on the person’s post who is linked up before you.
- Comment on at least one other post which grabs your attention. Therefore that is 3 comments in total please.
- If your content is inappropriate it will be removed.
- Your post does not have to include words it can be photo’s only.
- Be kind, nice comments only. Show respect for all people at all times.
- Have fun, add the posts you are most proud of and enjoy reading others.
- You must clearly display my badge on your post and or your side bar. You can grab my bade from my sidebar.
- If you tweet using #mg and @macglanville I will always retweet.
- Please follow me on Instagram and Twitter @macglanville.
- You don’t have to link every week, just when you have time. The linky is open for several days so no rush.
- I would love you to subscribe to my website, it is not a rule, but it would make me very happy.
- Have Fun! Email me mac@reflectionsfromme or tweet me if you have a question
- Grab my super cute badge and display it on your post.
- Second time around, via memeandharri
- Thoughts on Quitting, via A Quiet Girl’s Musings